We represent individuals in personal injury actions, particularly construction accident lawsuits brought under New York Labor Laws. Our work also included personal injury actions for employees exposed to asbestos and other dangerous substances.
We have been AV rated for more than 10 years (which means our work and ethics are of the highest quality as determined by a peer review of judges and lawyers) and won the Client Distinction Award (2015) from Martindale-Hubbell. We are particularly proud of the latter award because it recognizes outstanding communication ability, responsiveness, quality of service and “value for the money.”
Representative services include:
- we provide advice and counsel to our clients about the remedies available under the New York Labor Law, negligence and under other theories;
- we provide advice and counsel to our clients about their rights and obligations;
- we prosecute, through verdict and appeal, personal injury lawsuits;
- we contact the treating and other physicians to secure appropriate medical records;
- we prepare appropriate responses to discovery demands;
- we prepare our clients for deposition, the “independent” medical examination and trial;
- we depose adverse witnesses, cross-examine defense witnesses, “independent” medical examiners and vocational experts;
- we hire vocational, economic and other necessary experts;
- we negotiate appropriate settlements, including resolving lien issues; and
- we handle all appeals.