We represent individuals in Social Security, New York State Retirement System, Long Term and other disability benefit matters.
We have been AV rated for more than 10 years (which means our work and ethics are of the highest quality as determined by a peer review of judges and lawyers) and won the Client Distinction Award (2015) from Martindale-Hubbell. We are particularly proud of the latter award because it recognizes outstanding communication ability, responsiveness, quality of service and “value for the money.”
Representative services include:
- we provide advice and counsel to our clients about benefits available through Social Security, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Policies, the New York State Retirement System and other sources;
- we provide advice and counsel to our clients about their rights and obligations;
- we handle communications with the Social Security Administration, the New York State Retirement System, and the Short and Long Term Disability Insurance carriers;
- we contact the treating and other physicians to secure appropriate medical records;
- we verify that our clients are receiving the proper benefit amount which may include Medicare and other health insurance benefits;
- we prepare our clients for all hearings;
- we represent our clients at all hearings including cross-examining defense witnesses, “independent” medical examiners and vocational experts;
- we handle appeals and related litigation; and
- we negotiate closed period, lump sum and other settlements.