I am especially thankful this year for . . .
1. My immediate and extended family and my dogs. They have made me who I am (for better and for worse). I am thrilled that my daughter Anne is practicing law with Harter, Secrest & Emery, LLP.
2. My hardworking and talented co-workers. You serve our clients with great skill and compassion. You follow the Golden Rule, that is, you treat our clients the way that you want to be treated.
3. Clients of our Firm. You trust us with legal issues that are critical to you and your family. You inspire us to do all that we can to make your life better.
4. Union leaders and others who refer friends and family to us. In this age of aggressive attorney advertising, you have helped us thrive the “old fashion way,” that is, by word of mouth. I appreciate all your support.
5. My colleagues and my friends. Lawyers and Judges are honest, hardworking and generous. I am proud to be among you. I am especially grateful for my de facto law partner Brad Kammholz, Esq. I am also blessed with wonderful friends.
6. MCBA staff and volunteer leaders. I appreciate all you do for MCBA members, especially our effort to better serve our colleagues living with mental health problems. I thank Mary Loewenguth for her service to the MCBA and wish her well as she becomes the next Clerk of our federal court.
7. The success of my two favorite teams, the New York Mets and the New York Rangers. It’s fun when your teams win.
My most sincere hope is that we find the will to work together to end violence (including terrorism), disease and suffering.