Labor & Employment Law
We represent individuals, employers and labor unions in state and federal court proceedings, labor arbitration hearings and in proceedings before state and
federal administrative agencies, including the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the National
Labor Relations Board, the New York Public Employment Relations Board, the United States Department of Labor and the New York State Department of Labor.
We have been AV rated for more than 10 years (which means our work and ethics are of the highest quality as determined by a peer review of judges and lawyers), designated a Top Rated Labor & Employment Lawyer (since 2013) and have won the Client Distinction Award (2015), all from Martindale-Hubbell. We are particularly proud of the last award because it recognizes outstanding communication ability, responsiveness, quality of service and “value for the money.”
We are also a Best Lawyer & Law Firm in America in Employment Law—Individuals since 2014. This is based on an exhaustive and rigorous peer review survey comprising more than 6.7 million confidential evaluations by top attorneys. Steve Modica received the 2019 Lawyer of the Year award from Best Lawyers for his Employment Law work on behalf of individuals. He was the only lawyer to receive that award in Rochester.
Representative services include:
- we prosecute and defend, through verdict and appeal, employment discrimination, breach of employment contract, non-compete, whistleblower and other related lawsuits for private businesses, not-for-profit agencies, municipal governments, labor unions and individuals;
- we provide advice and counsel to private businesses, not-for-profit agencies, municipal governments, labor unions and individuals in labor and employment law matters including drafting Employee Handbooks and policies;
- we prosecute and defend grievances, unfair labor and improper practice charges and charges of discrimination for private businesses, not-for-profit agencies, municipal governments, labor unions and individuals;
- we mediate disputes for our clients;
- we negotiate collective bargaining agreements; and
- we negotiate severance and other separation agreements.