New York Workers’ Compensation
We represent individuals in all proceedings before the New York Workers’ Compensation Board. We also represent employers who allegedly failed to have workers’
compensation insurance coverage and who face related financial penalties.
We have been recognized as a Super Lawyer in Workers’ Compensation since 2009. This is based on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement.
We have been AV rated for more than 10 years (which means our work and ethics are of the highest quality as determined by a peer review of judges and lawyers) and we won the Client Distinction Award (2015) from Martindale-Hubbell. We are particularly proud of the last award because it recognizes outstanding communication ability, responsiveness, quality of service and “value for the money.”
Representative services include:
- we provide advice and counsel to our clients about benefits available through New York Workers’ Compensation and other sources, including Unemployment Insurance, Social Security and New York State Retirement System benefits;
- we provide advice and counsel to our clients about their rights and obligations;
- we handle communications with the New York Workers’ Compensation Carrier and the Workers’ Compensation Board;
- we contact the treating and other physicians to secure appropriate medical records;
- we verify that our clients are receiving the proper benefit amount and proper medical treatment;
- we prepare our clients for all hearings;
- we represent our clients at all hearings including cross-examining defense witnesses and “independent” medical examiners;
- we handle administrative appeals and related litigation; and
- we negotiate lump sum and other settlements.